I observed Heather and Matt do their show, “Lazers With Lasers.”
ITP Radio setup:
- Turntable on a raised platform
- Tabletop microphone stand with microphone
- ITP Radio mixer or “board”
- Computer monitor, keyboard, mouse. The computer tower sits on the ground.
- DJ will use his/her laptop.
- There are too many cables.
- It is hard to use the computer, which sits on the ground. The keyboard does not fit on the tabletop completely.
- The center space is unusable. This has to do with the fact that the ITP Radio stand is also the stand used for the thesis presentations. The stand has a sound two channel sound mixer built into the center, (separate and inferior in quality to the ITP Radio mixer,) creating a square foot of unusable space.
I asked Heather to configure the space however she liked.
She took the raised platform from under the turntable and put it over the unusable center space for her laptop. Matt suggested hanging the microphones to free tabletop space.